thanks mad, v & pam, new question!

Thanks for the replies to my other questions! Here 's a new one: my nursery has tulip bulbs that have sprouted a wee bit (1-2") already in their bags. Will they be okay to plant still? I know they'll be on major mark down after halloween so I was wondering. Btw, I brought in the eucalyptus, and am still debating about the oriental lilies. Great web site PAM! Love Caryn

"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

Reply to
NAearthMOM

As far as I know, the lilies can stay in the ground. I used to have 'Stargazer' up in Bohemia, NY and they are hardy. I would say the tulips which have started to sprout would be a safe bet, but only if they are on major mark down, and I only plant Darwin's.

Victoria

Reply to
animaux

Do the darwins perennialize?????????

Love Caryn "Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

Reply to
NAearthMOM

They have a much better shot of returning for several more years than any of the other tulips do. I never grew species tulips, but they may also perennialize.

Down here in Texas it is hard to grow them. Darwins perform better in our mild winter.

The Darwin's are my favorite with the least problems, I find.

animaux