Starting seeds with goal of houseplants in hanging basket

Hi all. My girlfriend got me a very nice hanging basket recently and we would like to start something from seed, soon, with the goal of having it end up in the hanging basket, indoors, in New York. Can anyone suggest anything? Also if you happen to know something that isn't toxic to houseplants, that would be great, too. I know these are rather specific requests, but if anyone can help out, I would really appreciate it. Would coleus and begonias work in the same soil mixture? WIll begonias bloom indoors in the winter? Thanks so much!

Best, John

Reply to
magictransistor