Spider Mites

Help! I have little red spider mites all over my patio and teak table. River birches and crab apples overhand my patio, and I Guess the spider mites are dropping from the trees. I can't sit out there without being bugged by bugs. The whole patio is surrounded by shade tolerant and shade loving plants ...

15 different kinds of hostas, jack-in-the-pulpits, three types of ferns, several astilbes, goats beard, Solomon's Seal regular and variegated, hydrangeas, wild ginger, bloodroot, mertensia, pachysandra, bugbalm, and several other varieties of plants that could potentially be affected by a spray. How do I get rid of the spider mites?

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

Change the conditions. Spider mites like hot and dry. A light daily misting of your patio, table and plants will send the mites elsewhere. Just plain water alone might do the trick. Insecticidal soap will work too.

Reply to
Phisherman

Those little red mites racing around like they are on amphetamine are spider mites. They are usually clover mites, and are not a threat to your plants. It's the mites you DON'T see you have to worry about. I get the feeling the mites just creep you out a bit. Totally understandable.

Reply to
Mike LaMana