Re: Tree Planting

You have to consider their mature size when deciding how close to the foundation to plant them, not to mention the aesthetics of their arrangement in the landscape. You don't write which pine trees you have, but as an example the Eastern White Pine, Pinus strobus, can easily make 60-80' or more over time. That's a big tree for many residential properties...

Dave

Dear List, > > I have recently bought a house that has various young trees planted near the > foundations. This includes rowans and pine trees. > > Is there a safe distance for planting such trees? I am willing to cut them > down if they are too close. > > thank you, > > Mike >
Reply to
David J Bockman

Pine trees also shed needles and will clog your gutters. If the needles stay on the roof and rot will cause problems with the roof. Pines tend to be week and if you are in high wind or ice conditions can drop limbs or blow over on the house. Sorry, I'm not familiar with rowans and their habits.

Kim

Reply to
K, T, E & N