Re: Lawn Tractor Question

Run the 18 HP Cub Cadet 90 minutes, take a break for an hour, then the

>Cub won't start, regardless of whether I use full choke, partial >choke, or no choke. Battery is OK. Next day, tractor starts fine, no >problems. > >Is the engine still overheated after a one-hour rest? Any tips.

I do not have specific information on that model but it sounds like a vapor lock. Somewhere, the fuel line runs past something hot, like exhaust or too close to the engine block. The heat vaporizes the fuel after you stop the engine. It would then not start again until it cools down.

Trace the fuel line and see if you can locate a hot spot. Then reroute the line away from that area.

JMHO

John

Reply to
John Bachman

Engine may be flooded, dirty filters, bad floats, sticking choke, or bad gasoline. You'll need to go through some troubleshooting as there are several other things that cause the symptom you describe--see manufacturer's recommendations.

Reply to
Phisherman