we live in northern va (zn:6, fairly acidic clay like soil) and was
interested in growing some english walnut trees. we can devote about
1/3 of an acre to this orchard. any questions that could be answered
would be appreciative.
1) does anyone know the proper distance to planting these trees?
2) what is the ratio males to females that must be planted for proper
3) at what season should we begin planting? month?
4) does anyone have a good nursery they can recommend with hardy
5) are they succeptible to any diseases?
6) how do they fare against deer?
7) we live on septic so i'm curious how far from our leach field would
be considered a "safe" distance to plant these trees.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.