Plant I.D. Please...

Howdy all. I have an unknown plant growing out of a shasta daisy clump that I transplanted earlier in the spring. It certainly doesn't look like the other shasta daisies I have planted. Any ideas on what I have growing here?

input is greatly appreciated.

-Felder

Reply to
felderbush001

In message , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes

It's a plantain (Plantago). The British ones with similar leaves are Ribwort Plantain (Plantago lanceolata) and Sea Plantain (Plantago maritima), but I wouldn't be surprised if there's different species to be found in the US.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

No, it's Plantago lanceolata, imported from Europe. Once called White man's footprint because everywhere white men went, Plantain followed. It's wonderful on bee stings or splinters - it has great drawing out action. Chew up a leaf and apply.

Kate

Reply to
kate

Some of Plantago genus, I think. For a centuries it has been used to put on cuts on skin - it doesn't bleed fast heals, and a small scar left. Totaly safe to use - not poisonous. or some other things - mostly Plantago major, than also media and lanceolata and others Plantago. Try google and You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Reply to
Powerless Agronomist