Oak Bark Mulch - around Citrus

Hi Folks,

I have a bunch of dried Live Oak bark - left over from firewood chopping. Can I use this bark around my Orange and KeyLime trees as mulch? The bark is around 6 months old. There are some small moldy areas on the bark.

Thanks, Jack Coletti St. Petersburg, FL

Reply to
MostlyH2O

It's probably fine to use that way. But, if you want to be absolutely sure, contact your cooperative extension, or browse their publications:

Doug Kanter