Noisy squirrel in my attic. How do I get it out?

alligators in Florida.

Your attic.

strabo

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

git 'er done

S. Barker

The only thing that could improve it would be a nice brick or concrete block wall for a landing zone!

Reply to
Don Bruder

Most likely thing here is that the destructive animal would be killed. A rare animal may be dealt with otherwise, but not necessarily.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Get a cat. Mine catches squirrels that are almost twice his size.

Reply to
Boden

Nothing like a hard landing for the squirelly curmudgeon.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

Reply to
hallerb

ooops....blush

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Oh! When looking into this group I first saw a complaint of somewhone about a woodchuck. Same tip for you: Read the description of a selb- built smoke bomb at instructables.com. Basically a mixture of sugar and saltpeter. Should smoke a lot - but beware of the smell!

Try it! Maybe you will be happy about having a squirrel. ;-)

virtuPIC

-- Airspace V - international hangar flying!

virtuPIC

The Montana Wolf Reduction Project credo may apply; SSS.

Shoot, Shovel, Shut-up. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

We had a squirrel and some of his rodent cousins in our attic. Had to hire a company to seal up all possible entry points. They also set traps in the attic. After a couple months and a couple more visits from the company, the problem was solved. Also found one deceased rat up there.

I understand those devices are a total waste of money.

Reply to
Torpeau

for launching rodents with cute tails? You've got to be kidding.

S. Barker

Don't you have .22 long rifle sub-sonics over there? That's what I have always used (here in Oz) with a baffle style silencer for small game (and neighborhood cats) when I wanted to be quiet. BRNO Model 2 with a twelve inch Billet Baffle silencer, makes no more noise than snapping your fingers. The sound of the firing pin hitting the cartridge is louder that the actual shot.

I mostly use it for shooting rabbits (so the sound of the shot doesn't spook the rest of them) and for killing cats. I have an intense dislike of cats that are allowed to roam free and kill wildlife. The irresponsible idiots who own them need a good hard kick up the arse on a regular basis. I put strong smelling cat treats, sardines, tuna etc., out in my yard and shoot every cat that comes over my fence. Either that or I put the bait food in a metal dish on a rubber mat and wire one side of a 240 volt mains lead to it. They make more noise when I electrocute them though, much better to shoot them - a clean head shot and they make no sound at all.

JD - in Oz.

Reply to
This is not me!

Or even better .. rather than battling with an innocent creature you could have actually just sealed the hole!? The simplest solution is often the best ...

Reply to
NathanHornby