low maintenance flowering fall annual?

I have a bed out by our mailbox, and I've been thinking about putting some flowers there for fall blooming. Normally I grow vegetables there

- I grew kale last fall, and harvested again this spring, followed by onions.

Can anyone recommend a colorful annual that would do well in cool temps? Here in SW Ohio, we probably have about 8 weeks until our first frost. Some years we have even gone through the first week of November. Thanks!

Reply to
Ohioguy

Cool-weather annuals (or perennials treated as annuals) include pansies, snapdragons, stock, and Iceland poppies. If these are planted in October where I live, they will ignore light night-time frosts and bloom throughout the winter. In Ohio, they probably will not survive snow.

Reply to
David E. Ross