Killing Ivy, not bulbs

I have a variety of small invasive ivies. Some thorny.

Every year they take over my bulb corner. You can't pull them all out. So, I'm spraying with triclopyr.

How careful of the bulbs (they've been in years) should I be? I particularly want to get the ivy spiraling up the leaves of the glads, irises and lilies.

Another plan?

What about poison ivy?

On another note. My neighbors tomato factory,which I tend, is going to town. A large number of 4" or so heirlooms. Some small tomatoes already picked.

Jeff

This seems to have largely worked. Little damage to the bulbs, it's hard to tell what damage to their leaves was caused by the triclopyr and what by the weather!

A little spraying on the neighbors (well, it is now a vacant lot) did in the poison ivy. It seems to be very sensitive.

The tomato factory has been kicking ass. A couple large tomatoes every day. My memory has the harvest season about a month early.

Jeff