Jeyes Fluid - Good to poison your soil

I was rummaging through the paint section of a second hand shop today and I found an old bottle of Jeyes Fluid concentrate. I remember vividly the smell of Jeyes from my childhood 30 years ago as mum used it to scrub the back porch.

This stuff was 30 years or more old as the mixing instructions were still imperial. So much Jeyes per gallon of water. We went metric in the late

1960s.

Anyhow, I noted one of the active ingredient in the fluid was creosote. The instructions said you could mix this stuff and tip it down your drain or, even better, use it as a soil steriliser.

Superb. I suggested to the 2nd hand dealer they may like to take it to a hazards disposal unit.

rob

Reply to
George.com