Interesting Lecture near Chicago, on Peach Trees

On February 24, 2008 at 1 PM, there will be a lecture by Dennis Northon of Royal Oak Farm on Hardy Peaches and Pest Management. The lecture itself is free, but there is a parking fee of $15 per car to get into the Chicago Botanic Garden. The Botanic Garden is located in Glencoe Illinois, just East of Hywy 94 off Lake

Cook Road.

Reply to
sherwindu

Something for you on peach trees.

can use this section for your class. Also a good book for pruning peach trees is here: A World Wide Pruning a photos guide.

Reply to
symplastless

Sorry

The book on pruning is here:

symplastless

You will use every opportunity to sneak in a plug for your junk. I did not ask for your help, only invited people to a lecture by someone who knows a hell of a lot more about peach trees than you do..

Sherw> Something for you on peach trees.

Reply to
sherwindu

Its hard when you have an understanding of peach trees.

Where is their dissections at explaining the response of peach trees to pruning?

See I understand the internal response to pruning. Again, where is their dissections at or don't they dissect trees?

BTW my junk is more then you have to offer. The biggest pest for peaches is the improper pruning by humans. do they address that pest?

Reply to
symplastless

I did a Google on Dennis Northon to see what his credentials are and came up with a blank. Where did he dissect trees at?

Reply to
symplastless

This individual is neither consulting forester, arborist, biologist, or tree expert. He is, however, a fraud.

Reply to
Don Staples

I went to their web page at

and found nothing about the tree biology of peach trees. Where do I find that information at?

Reply to
symplastless

This annoying individual is neither consulting forester, tree expert, biologist, or arborist. He is, however, a total fraud.

Reply to
Don Staples

Don Staples

Reply to
symplastless

Don Staples

Reply to
symplastless

Imagine a cloudless summer day, by a lake. The grass is green, there are ducks swimming around. The only sounds are birds chirping. In short it's a perfect day.

Now add a jackhammer breaking up concrete 20 feet away.

The constant spamming of your junk John, is that jackhammer.

And yes, that's all I have to offer. :D ml

Reply to
kzin

What you both are is resident in my killfile until you both grow up.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Who is talking about dissection. He is pruning trees, not doing surgery on people.

Well, nobody can get as much action on the web like you, even if it is full of a lot of repetitive junk. Other than your self proclaimed expertise, what degrees do you hold? This man runs his own business raising and selling peaches. He is not some blowhard like you who can only fantasize about practical growing and care of fruit trees. By your standards, knowledge is only valuable if you get lots of coverage on the web. What did we do before there was a web? I guess we have to poo poo all the famous biologists and arborists of the past, because they weren't on the web.

In the future, do not reply to any of my postings. I am not interested in anything you have to say.

Sherwin

Reply to
sherwindu

If you are so curious, just attend the lecture. What need is their to know about tree biology to do successful pruning? It is more of an art than a science.

Reply to
sherwindu

Do you think maybe, just maybe, the Chicago Botanic Garden staff might know a little about trees? And if they brought a guy in to give a talk, maybe, speaking hypothetically here, HE KNOWS A THING OR TWO?

Sheesh.

But wait, you didn't find anything on Google about the guy, or his peach dissections! LOL.

For everyone else, I highly recommend the CBC, it is an incredible place. Worth a special trip, or a detour if you're anywhere near Chicago.

Reply to
mcarver_99