gotta move :(

I have to move during August and in pots I have a sweet autumn clematis and some sort of pale lavender mystery clematis that blooms profusely in late spring and then sporadically all summer till frost. They are growing up trellises and along the balcony railings so the only way to move them is to cut them back quite a bit. Is this going to kill them? I've had them for about 5 years and they've really been doing great.

I'm staying in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

Reply to
Valkyrie

they'll be fine. I too am facing the possiblity of a major move. Nothing as nice as what you're facing I'm afraid. If Squire does this........I will be relocating to Carlisle, Pennsylvania.......no idea as to the zone, the climate, the length of growing season, nothing. I'm resisting this completely, but if the job they're offering him pays what I fear, I don't even know if we could afford to move........and what about my beloved bushes and plants that push the envelope that I grow? sigh..........I can't worry about this right now. It's not set or deffinate. Cut the vines back and they'll be fine. They'll recover and you'll have established mature roots for your new place.

madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

Thanks!

Val

Reply to
Valkyrie

Reply to
Michelle

Think of it as moving into virgin territory. You'll have a whole garden to fill. Dora2

Reply to
Bungadora