Garden soil prices escalate

Quiet, troll.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Now you know what pet owners have had to deal with, main brands of dry foor are not down to only 17lbs instead of the old 20lb bags and still they've gone up at lest $4 to $6.00 more in price, that's why I buy the cheap stuff in 20lb bags and all my cats enjoy eating it. Soil? Out here in the mojave Desert I just add steer to it.

Reply to
Starlord

OH MY, BUT AREN'T WE TOUCHY TODAY !!!

Reply to
Johnny

I mentioned trains because someone said why don't we use them any more. I live 1,000 feet from a main line, cross country train track and the thing I see the most often being hauled by train are cars and trucks. That's why I said what I said. We'd need a LOT more train tracks to make a difference in prices. There are tens of thousands of rigs all over the highways.

Anyway, will you please learn how to edit your posts.

Reply to
Jangchub

Edit...I know. I function at 1400 mph during the day. But, try this next time you run across a long post:

CTRL-END

Zips you to the end of almost any document. CTRL-HOME takes you to the beginning.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Ah, good tip!

thanks, Victoria

Reply to
Jangchub

Every computer should come with a huge sticker that displays a list of these shortcuts. Once upon a time, everyone knew them.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The pay the Teamsters make far far exceed the puny increase in gas prices. Quit crying Chicken Little!

Reply to
Mark Anderson

That's a very strange statement, in terms of the math. You're comparing an amount of money to the change in another amount of money. Or, an analogy:

Car #1: Top speed 120 mph Car #2: Does 0-60 in 6 seconds

Irrelevant comparison.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Truck travels 60 miles in one hour. How many gallons of gas is that? Let's say 7.

Gas at $2 = $14/hour Gas at $3 = $21/hour

Difference = $7/hour

How much money does a Teamster trucker make? How much money does truck maintenance and depreciation cost per mile?

QED

Reply to
Mark Anderson

Last I read, the average income for truckers is about $40k.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Most truckers are paid by the mile, so in order to make a decent living they drive WAY too many hours to reach their destination and are prone to becoming addicted to amphetamines and other speed type drugs. It's sad, actually.

If a driver owns her/his own rig, the rig can cost up to quarter million dollars depending on what it is, and there are loans, road fees, tolls, private medical insurance, etc.

It is not a great job unless you love being on the road the majority of your time. I once thought about doing it with my husband as we prepared to live full time in a motorhome, but we're not ready.

Point is, truckers have to drive a LOT of miles to make that much. About ten years ago they made about thirty cents a mile or so. I don't know what it is now.

Reply to
Jangchub

I am not crying at all. I was justifying the increase in prices. I am retired. Remember?

Reply to
betsyb