Extra surprise

I took a few refugees from a local nursery's trash help home with me, thinking (as the owners did) that they might be agapanthus. On that hint I planted the corms or rhuizomes and straplikle leaves in a sunny spot, and they waxed healthy and now look almost smug. No flowers yet. BUT I caught I hint of gentian-blue beside them this morning--two little squills had hitched a ride. Lovely thin gs. zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec

Here in New Zealand there was talk of declaring agapanthus a noxious weed. It grows everywhere on the side of the road from plantings people have made over the years. Looks great in summer. I haven't seen any eradication going on, so I guess it's still OK.

Reply to
ken grace