Ericaceous compost and adding lime

I have been unhappy with many potting composts this year. I have ended up using a good quality ericaceous compost to which I have added garden lime at the advised rate of about 500g per 100L.

The plants seem happy enough but is there anything else different about commercial ericaeous compost other than leaving out the lime? Higher peat content of course, but anything else?

Reply to
buddlejadavidii