Composting toilets

Well that's interesting. Don't know the place that you speak of, but if the book is in print I'm sure the library would have a copy.

Reply to
Eigenvector

And it's a great scam, lots of official paperwork arrives at homes, especially those belonging to the elderly, claiming all homes must have Title 5 septic by (fill in the date).....

In every possible way actually!

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Oops, sorry, that's Portland-speak. Powells is a very large independent bookstore with new and used titles shelved together, so you get to see quite a range on the subject. The main store is such a maze (and several floors) that they give you a map of the store:

's Technical Books is a smaller store a few blocks from the main store where the largest concentrations are computer books, engineering, math, physics, construction, and hard-core academic sciences. Yesterday was Fup's birthday (the retired store cat, who is reputed to have gained much knowledge just by sleeping on the shelves).
there's the Hawthorne store, concentration on home and gardens:
a couple of satellite stores in the 'burbs and and at the airport.

Good stuff. Pretty good company. I'd sooner buy books from them than most of the discounters, even if I am paying a bit more. I think that quite a few of us use Powell's as a backup library... if it's not on the shelf at the local library, there's a fair chance you can find it at Powell's right now. Oh, and as a lagniappe: a book I spotted on the shelves yesterday, with some really interesting stuff, including some sanitation:

Kay Lancaster

The message from Kay Lancaster contains these words:

Had to look that up.. what an interesting word thankyou. Has anyonme else noticed that when they hear a new word for the first time, nine times out of ten it turns up again a day or so later?

Janet (Scotland)

Reply to
Janet Baraclough