Chile leaves turning yellow

All,

I start my chile from seed. this year I have produced the best seedlings I think I've ever done, after building a light table. I water them with a solution of schultz's (1/2 of the little scoop in a gallon of water). It's been warm here in Denver so I've begun hardening them off. I'm up to a couple hours direct sun about four or five times a week. lately some of the plants have been developing yellow patches. Is this from too much sun too soon? Bugs? The Schultz's? To be honest I've been starting chile from seed for almost five years now and I've never seen this before. I've also never had such vigorous growth before so maybe I'm pushing the hardening off too fast.

If I've done this correctly you can see the plants at:

http://206.124.7.199/chile_yel_small.jpg The image is about 320k

thanks, and post if I've screwed up the link.

thefronny

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1178986579.995740.71200 @o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

Are they getting a sprinkling of yellow *dots*? That's about all I could see. They look very healthy. If it's little dots, you might want to consider what was happening in their vicinity on the last breezy day. Did someone fertilize or use Round Up or something along that line where some of it might have blown in their direction?

Reply to
FragileWarrior

On May 12, 3:42 pm, FragileWarrior > water them with a solution of schultz's (1/2 of the little scoop in a

Thanks for answering. No, not dots (I've seen Round UP splatter before) but areas where the leaf looks like it's developing, what's it called, chlorosis(?) and the affected area gets a little bunched up. I'm keeping them inside to see if the green comes back and I've stopped the Schultz's so the leaves don't get too far ahead of the root system. If the yellowing goes away (it hasn't worsened) I'm taking it for sunscald. It's too close to planting time to re-start so I'd have to direct seed and that puts a fully ripened Chimayo so late in the season I'd probably lose the lot to frost or rain-induced mold. Makes one appreciate the angst farmers must go through.

Reply to
thefronny