Bougainvillea Leaves Yellow and Drop

First season with a nice approx 3' tall Bougainvillea, full sun outside = in a 17" pot.

Has developed nice blooms and looks pretty healthy, BUT ... every day = now I'm picking off half a dozen or so "yellowed" leaves, and also = finding some just laying on the ground at the base of the plant. They = come right off with no resistance.

What's the cause of this?

I'm watering daily (or it wilts) and fertilize with Jack's Classic =

20-20-20 every other week. I also have quite a bit of new branching = growth and small leaves developing, so could this just be natural old = growth dying off?

Bob Zone 4 MN

Reply to
Bob H
17" pot.

Has developed nice blooms and looks pretty healthy, BUT ... every day now I'm picking off half a dozen or so "yellowed" leaves, and also finding some just laying on the ground at the base of the plant. They come right off with no resistance.

This yellowing indicates a micronutrient deficiency. Micronutrient problems often occur not because the soil lacks nutrients, but because, even if they are present, the soil's PH is too high or too low, making it more difficult for the roots to utilize the nutrients.

Bob Zone 4 MN

Reply to
Cindy