Blue festuca grass Q.

Hi ! Last year I grew a bunch of blue festuca from seed and planted it in a gardenbed . This year the grass is doing nicely . My question is : Do I leave the flowering stalks alone or do I have to cut them off or something ? They are light brown colored and the rest of the grass has the pretty blue . Any advise would be great ! Oh , one other question . Should I deadhead my Gaillardias flowers . Thanks for your help !

Rosie z5 IN

Reply to
rosemarie face

I shear off the fescue flowers when the turn brown, only because they start to look shabby. You might also want to remove them before they scatter more seed (unless, of course, you want them to reseed). Mine are in a flower bed, in well-spaced individual clumps along the edge. I only want them where they were planted.

Reply to
David Ross