blowers

dated Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:38:47 -0600:

The 2-cycle engines are better when working on any angle. My mower is two-cycle because of the steep slopes. A 4-cycle engine may not get the required oil. Yes, they pollute more, more noisy, need a fuel-oil mix, but I wear hearing protection. Getting back to the blowers, the Stihl is more quiet than the Poulman (Weedeater), but the cost is 2X. I'm willing to pay 30% for a quiet machine, but not 100% more. My Weedeater gas trimmer is 14 years old and still going strong. Electric tools are not at all practical for my large 1.5-acre lot, but for small properties they are a good choice.

Reply to
Phisherman

With a bit of wind, how many of these leaves ended up on his neighbors=92= lawn?

Fran=E7oise.

Spud Dem> He made one pass right next to his house and most of the leaves

Reply to
Françoise

- ronniesloan

----------------------------------------------------------------------- posted via

ronniesloane

have just bought an American Sears "craftsman" petrol leaf blower an my dear wife has broken it by running it on neat petrol rather than tw stroke mixture. Does anyone know if it can be repaired in the UK or i it wrecked for good? Originally posted by Ronnie Sloane (UK

- ronniesloan

ronniesloane

I'd guess that the engine is burned due to no lubrication. Take it to a mechanic to check it out.

Reply to
Phisherman

chuck it and get a new one, It will cost as much to repair as a new one would cost, sorry.

Reply to
Sam