Best way to store seeds? Moonflowers not doing well

I'm starting to collect seeds from the flowers around my area. What is the best way to store the seeds so they don't mold or go bad? Also I've been disappointed by a few store bought seed packets. I bought some MoonFlower Seeds, started them quite early but they've hardly grown at all. We've had a lot of hot weather lately, although we had a quite cool spring. Anyone else have a disappointed season with their Moonflower seeds? They were Ferry Morse, which is usually a quality brand. Another problem I seem to be having lately is my Petunia plant that is potted is dying on me. I give it enough water so I am not sure what the problem is. Thanks in advance. Rosebud

Reply to
rosebud19

I use paper bags, paper envelopes, old film canisters, and those plastic meal containers that I get from ordering from the local Chinese restaurant.

I consistently have problems with Moonflowers and have no idea what inspires them to grow. I sprouted some early Spring inside in peat moss and they did well but when I put them outside after the frost they just didn't want to grow. Sometimes however a Moonflower volunteers will pop up out of nowhere on its own and thrive hardily. Two years ago I had a couple of successful Moonflowers and some of their seeds got mixed into the recycled soil bin. This year I don't think I have any successful Moonflower vines.

Reply to
Mark Anderson