BAD MULCH

I got this from Spunkie, I want to get hold of the Agricultural department and follow up some inquiries but I had to post this to get a feed back......thanks in advance. madgardener ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm glad the area is recovering. Have you heard anything about the mulch coming thru Louisiana? Will they mulch the downed trees there too?

Heres what was posted:

FW: [Fwd: Buyer beware!]If you use mulch around your house be very careful about buying mulch this year. After the hurricane in New Orleans many trees were blown over. These trees were then turned into mulch and the state is trying to get rid of tons and tons of this mulch to any state or company who will come and haul it away. So it will be showing up in Home Depot and Lowes at dirt cheap prices with one huge problem; Formosan Termites will be the bonus in many of those bags. New Orleans is one of the few areas in the country were the Formosan Termites has gotten a strong hold and most of the trees blown down were already badly infested with those termites. Now we may have the worst case of transporting a problem to all parts of the country that we have ever had. These termites can eat a house in no time at all and we have no good control against them, so tell your friends that own homes to avoid cheap mulch and know where it came from.

Here's the link:

Click here: LSU AgCenter . Formosan Subterranean Termites Portal