Baby tree already budding!

I put in two young fruit trees a few months ago. An apricot, and one month later, a plum.

Yesterday I saw blooms all over the plum! Sweet little tree, just a baby, already trying to procreate!

I assume there won't be fruit this year...but you have to hand it to the plum for trying.

I just found this so touching!

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Plum trees really need a pollinator, you should have planted two different plum trees. And there is a good chance your plum and apricot trees will cross pollinate and produce pluots. Newly planted stone fruit will usually blossom the first year but may not fruit for

4-5 years. I planted two different plum trees four years ago, they blossomed each year but this is the first year one produced plums.
Reply to
Brooklyn1

I had the same combo -- plum and apricot -- for years at approx same distance apart. They produced true fruit. When they had to be sent to fruit heaven, I should have IMMEDIATELY replanted. Instead I let too many years ago by. So I hope I'm still around when they produce fruit.

Reply to
Higgs Boson