Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: How far can I prune tomatoe plants?
The heck with the other stuff--forget it- tomatoes rule!!
3
3

Drying Basil
I'm starting to dry my plants by hanging them upside down, outside in a semi shaded area. Many of the plants have gone to seed, at least have flowers etc on them. Any reason I shouldn't crush up the...
6
6

Re: Pumpkin invasion
We have that problem, too. We thought we left plenty of room for the pie pumpkins this year, but we were wrong. Trimming off the ends of the vines will send more energy to the remaining pumpkin fruit...

Can you over-do the Organics?
Hi guys, I have a couple of days off here, and was going to put in another plot, and help my brother in law who just bought a home put a garden and some beds in there. I was wondering, is it possible...
3
3

OT: Tomato blossoms dropping
Did anybody have advice for the tomato problem? I seem to be having the same thing going on - tons of blossoms, but no fruit. Thanks, Todd
2
2

herb garden
My husband's veggie garden has done so well this year that I plan to encourage him to keep it going every year. This leaves me with a small square near the patio where I used to grow a few tomatoes. I...
12
12

Cucumbers grown in cages
I requested advice a few weeks ago about growing cucumbers vertically in cages while the plants were still in bloom before producing yet as to whether the plants' tendrils would be sufficient to...
1
1

Re: New to gardening...
Slings made of old panty hose>he pot sizes leader and put it somewhere where it can be supported or can sprawl freely' Your stakes are ok to use. The plants in the larger plots might have to be...
4
4

white jumping bug eats flowers
Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of them? We have tried a red pepper spray: the leaves seemed to be eaten off the flowers of the vincas again this am. the bugs that do the eating are...

Rosemary looking a bit sick
Hello, one by one the twigs (correct name?) of my potted rosemary are loosing their strong green colour and turning pale. I cut out the first of these some weeks ago and discovered this morning that...
2
2

When Do You Dig Up Your Potatoes?
I have some nice looking potato plants. How do I know when it's time to dig up the potatoes? Just dig up some and see how they're doing? Or is there some other way to tell? Thanks.
2
2

Re: Green Tomatoes????
You are peeking--don't you know a watched tomato never ripens? Patience--when they are ready they will turn red--all in good time
25
25

Re: quince tree growing
Here's some info about the quince: is generally prone to the same problems as the apple, but less severely. http://www.efn.org/~bsharvy/edible8.html#QuinceIt
2
2

outside shower
Thought I would forward details of my newly installed project: an "Outdoor Shower" I'm very pleased with it. It took me a week of going back & forth to Lowes & wal-mart cuz i didn't quite know what i...
11
11

Tomato Ripening Problem
All our plum tomatoes are in one garden and the rest in a completely different area. The rest of our tomatoes appear to be ripening normally but the plums (Romas and San Marzanos) are very weird. They...
15
15