Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

grass seed
If you mean you have lots of small purple chilli on one plant then the purple colour will change to red as the chillies ripen.
2
2

Bordeaux Mixture
------------------------------------------------------------------------ A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the results, please visit yes or no - Yes - No...

Persimmon trees
Anyone know how to identify the sex of a persimmon tree? I have a small grove of 25 trees that have been growing for about five years and are reaching heights of eight to twelve feet -- and yet I have...

Zootal
Zootal, go to find folder Cucurbita moschata. There are two pictures of my Zucca & Zucchetta. Read more at this helps. http://tinypic.com/1r509n5uand http://vegetables.wsu.edu/Zucchetta.htmlHope

puzzled
hi, im new to site, ive found a few plants growing in my garden, and one in a jar on window sill, which look like tomatoes, had small white flowers with yellow centre, so i thought maybe my grankids...
5
5

Volunteer potatoes poisonous???
okay i know this is a dumb question but are volunteer potatoes poisonous? my mother is driving me around the bend on this issue:S. we have a few red potato that came through from last years crop so we...
10
10

Saving pepper seeds
What is the best time to remove and save the seeds from peppers for next year? Do you leave a few peppers on the plants until they're "mature," and how can you tell if they are? Color? Shrinkage?...
2
2

Raised beds for growing vegetables
Hi, I am fairly new to gardening and wonder if it is ok to use railway sleepers to construct raised beds - are there any concerns using these as they have been chemically treated. Any help will be...
6
6

Worm collecting farms - collecting/harvesting worms?
Okay, here=92s what I=92ve done to "modify" my worm-collecting-farm. First up, I=92ve used a pitchfork to gently dig and loosen the soil underneath the worm farm (that has the holes in the bottom,...
2
2

Solution to mice and birds in cantalope
Andy comments: My solution seems to be working well, and I wanted to share it... Last year, mice, or birds, got to my cantalope as it started to ripen and pecked holes in the side..... I got very...
2
2

Marigolds and cross pollination
I grew three colors of small Marigold this year (Yellow, Orange and Orange/Red bi-color). The seed heads from the three different colors have been saved separately; all yellow seed heads in one bag,...
1
1

nice
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-pocket-farm31-2009jul31 Pocket farm could end up dying on the vine

Tomato seeds
How do I haves and dry seeds for next year? MJ
4
4

Calcium
What kind of store sells calcium chloride in Canada
9
9

Tomato Seeds Lifespan?
Hi, I was cleaning out some drawers and I found a packet of tomato seeds from 1991. Are they still viable? If they are, is August a good time to start tomatoes in La Mesa, Ca? Thank you for your time,...
3
3