Will this be OK

I have a 800 x 800 cast shower tray to fit in the morning. I have done lots of these but never on my own due to the weight and awkwardness, (my helper is on holiday). As I need to bed it down on 1/2" mortar and lift it into position by myself, I was thinking of using two lengths of 1/2" square timber about 150mm from the edges and level the mortar to these, put the tray on the top (with a few grunts etc.) and pull the timbers out. Will it work and will it have any detriment on the tray support, as technically it will not be 'fully' supported it will have two 1/2" channels running front to back. Any other ideas? The tray is in a corner situation and I have easy access to the other two edges.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

John,

Exactly what I did five years ago when I installed my cast 4' x 3' shower base - when you pull the battens out, just give the base a 'little wiggle' to bed it down and all should be ok.

I've had no problems with it to date.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

Hate to say "me too" but "me too" - after much headscratching and following advice from this ng. Worked like a dream.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Yup, and me!