Well well.

I suggest you use 3 metres = 10ft. It's actually 9.84, and that's close enough for many purposes.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

No it doesn't! The means of transporting it does belong to companies. So if you want to use their pipes you pay for it. If water floods your home you need to ask yourself why you bothered to buy one in an area know to flood - or why your legal people didn't advise you correctly. If you want clean water you do have to pay a company to clean it up and supply it. You have a very simple uneducated veiw of life!

I would lower a webcam and a big light in to the well to have a closer look. You could use a pump to get the water in to a tank to store. I wouldn't advise using it until tested or you might find dead plants and a stripped car.

Reply to
Clive

This may help -

The interesting point is - In England and Wales, under the Water Act

2003 any borehole or well yielding less than 20 cu metres per day (4400 gallons per day) does not currently require a consent to drill and test pump or to extract water up to that limit. For intended yields in excess of 20 cu metres per day then a Clause 32 Consent is required from the local EA to drill and test pump any borehole and an extraction licence is required to pump the borehole after the test pumping is completed.

So looks like no problem as I can not see you wanting more than 20 tonnes per day to water your pot plants and garden.

Reply to
Chewbacca