Wanted: Barratt flat skirting board

I've bought a flat that was built by Barratt in 96/97. Prob is some of the skirting boards are water damaged and need replacing. And there's a gap where I removed the fireplace.

Does anyone know where I can get some please? I've tried B&Q and checked a few online places.

Cheers for any help.

Tom.

Reply to
Tom

An idea of the profile would be a good start for us! That is like saying "I had a kitchen installed by Barrets in 1997 where can I get additional units?" Is the skirting Taurus, Champhered, Ogee, Lambs Tongue....? If you are unsure of the terminology have a look here for different profiles,

(page 5). Can you not remove all the skirting boards in the affected room(s) and replace with similar all round?

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Ah, apologies. Just everything in the flat is identical to the fittings I've seen in a few other Barratt flats build around the time.

It's taurus:

20 mm thick 95 mm high 30 mm from top to base of the curved bit.

Have thought about removing all the skirting board in the affected rooms but this is my first DIY and I'm learning on the job so I'm trying to minimise my work. The nature of the rooms affected (living room - large, hallway - tricky as there's lots of corners and 7 doors inc cupboards coming off it) means replacing everything will be a big job.

Cheers,

Tom.

Reply to
Tom

take off a short length or make a paper templet of the profile and take it to a timberyard where they will run off some 8ft lengths in mdf

(",)

breeze

Reply to
breeze34

I was going to add to what breeze said, as the best way is to get a profile gauge from somewhere like B&Q (the more expensive one the better it will keep its shape) and then take that to a local joiners, as they can make the same profile for you and then make the same skirting.

It is basically the same as what breeze said, but I always found a proper profile gague will give you a better way of getting the exact same shape.

Reply to
Dino M