oil filled radiators

hi - have problems using an electric heater in conservatory - breaker keeps tripping. looking at using an oil filled radiator - but how much electricity is consumed kee[ping the radiator going - will this be a viable option?

Reply to
real mag

It depends on what you are trying to achieve. As background heating to stop the temperature getting too low, say at night, they are fine and probably the most economical electric background heating - other than off-peak night storage heaters. Just leave them running but with the thermostate set quite low.

They are not so good for warming the room up to a tolerable level when you want to use the room. You have to turn them up a couple of hours early - and that is a couple of hours with the room hotter than need be and losing heat to the outside.

I prefer radiant heaters for just warming up me and not heating the whole room unnecesarily. They are also quiet. But not so good for background low level heating as the elements don't take kindly to thermostatic control. So not much cop for background heating.

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindr☻me

I live full time in an rv. I love my oil filled radiator space heater but it does tend to throw breaker if kept on high (setting 6) full time in November .

Reply to
Dream

"posted 15 years ago"

Is this a HoH record?