mortar joints

Can anyone help please. I have had lots of emails about the dpc cavity tray. The only thing is when I remortar the joints on the horizontal cuts between the bricks, do I just fill it with mortar? or should I pack the joint in places with slate or similar as well? The cuts will be 2 metres in places. Many thanks for help. Neil

Reply to
Neil