Lec EL551AW fridge bulb

Hi

the bulb blow so i got a replacement which does not light. now being a competent electronics design engineer i worked out its either the door switch contacts or internal wiring somewhere.

anyone taken one of these apart to gain access to the top? i emailed lec a week ago but no reply and yes the fridge is ok. just disconcerting when you open the door and no light.

Mark

Reply to
Obantec Support

or possibly you bought a duff bulb... worth checking.

Reply to
Dave

I did say "competent electronics design engineer", first thing i did was to check it before and after fitting.

Mark

Reply to
Obantec Support

:-) Different animal to an electrician though. Does it have an inline fuse? TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

I know when we were at college (early 1980's) they called us sparkies! and yes we did do some work with over 5 volts.

the bulb its self is fused but i have not pulled the fridge out from under its hole as yet. just hoped someone here had been in to one before.

Mark

Reply to
Obantec Support

First suspect would be the lampholder itself

Peter

Reply to
powerstation

Hi Peter

After a few hours hair pulling i got the lamp holder off and found 1 of the blades (neutral side) needed a slight bend to make contact. very crude lamp holder the screw thread is brass but isolated so the bulb relies on side pressure to make contact and a typical brass contact for the tip of the bulb. Not sure how long the tweak will last but if it goes again I'll get a new SES holder as there is plenty of room in the light housing.

All working now.

Mark

Reply to
Obantec Support