Keeping fridge in a cupboard - good or bad energy?

In message , =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?= writes

Yes there was a thread about it some time ago

However, we're up against a professional academic here - with all the theory, but a bit shaky in the real world

Those who can, do ....

as they say

Reply to
raden

Hi,

I've done this with 4 PC fans under my fridge running off a 3v-7v wall wart.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Its a shame that all the man wanted to know was if it was a good thing energy wise to have his fridge in the cupboard. Since non of us know the size of his cupboard or what temperature the kitchen runs at, or if the fridge has a freezer attached, if his house is heated, or what power his fridge consumes or lots of other detail to do a rigorous PhD thesis on the total energy balance in his house due to the addition of his fridge. I think having an academic arguement is not within the spirit of this group and can cause utter confusion to the questioner. I also have a degree in engineering including thermodynamics, and would advise him as before that provided the temperature in his cupboard is not noticeably warmer than elsewhere, to leave the fridge where he likes it best, i.e. within the closed cupboard where it's silent. The extra energy used in the Summer is probably balanced by less in the Winter and probably makes sod all difference to his Electricity Bill or the Ice Caps.

Dave

"raden" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com...

Reply to
dave