Help: Best material for wardrobe shelving and sliding door supplier?

Two questions:

1) What is the best material to use for building bedroom wardrobe interiors? I don't like sagging shelves or badly edged laminated board.

2) Are there any alternative manufacturers of non-mirror sliding wardrobe doors to Stanley?

Beemer

Reply to
Beemer

How about using real wood? Cedar is rather nice and stops any chance of moths moving in.

I don't have a clue what Stanley is.. I just bought the sliding door kits and made up my own. Dead easy. Just cut a sheet of material (I used, blockboard, I think it is called - a core of chunks of real wood with nice veneer ply on the outsides). Edged the doors up with matching veneer, stained and matt varnished it. No problem. Mine go floor to ceiling - so there was very little woodwork involved. Well, apart from it being a very old house, so I had to put shaped pieces on the floor and ceiling and mount the running gear on those..

Reply to
Palindr☻me

| > 1) What is the best material to use for building bedroom wardrobe interiors? | > I don't like sagging shelves or badly edged laminated board. | | How about using real wood? Cedar is rather nice and stops any chance of | moths moving in. | | >

| > 2) Are there any alternative manufacturers of non-mirror sliding wardrobe | > doors to Stanley? | >

| I don't have a clue what Stanley is.. | I just bought the sliding door kits and made up my own. Dead easy. Just | cut a sheet of material (I used, blockboard, I think it is called - a | core of chunks of real wood with nice veneer ply on the outsides). Edged | the doors up with matching veneer, stained and matt varnished it. No | problem. Mine go floor to ceiling - so there was very little woodwork | involved. Well, apart from it being a very old house, so I had to put | shaped pieces on the floor and ceiling and mount the running gear on those.. | | -- | Sue | Sue,

I have bought and worked with cedar before but only for strip cladding. I have never seen a UK supplier offering cedar wide enough for wardrobe lining/shelving.

Stanley is the manufacturer of all bedroom sliding doors you can see on UK websites. Same photos same product. Some of it is badged for the likes of B&Q and Wickes. I did not realise that I could buy just the slider kit.

Thanks,

Beemer

Reply to
Beemer