Cast iron drain pipe disaster

Seems a lot of work. I reckon the pushfit coupler on the end of another bit of 15mm pipe will be pretty effective. They don't blow (pull) off easy and are, I think, rated up to 10 bar.

TBH not sure if the OP has said this lost bit of pipe is actually jammed in place to just resting, out of reach, 1m from the inspection opening.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A fascinating thread, Heath Robinson would have been proud. But it is now October 10th and no news regarding the current whereabouts of this copper pipe, the suspense is killing me.

Reply to
Rob Miller

One of many suggestions:-)

A form of sprag clutch would also work but be much harder to fabricate.

I have to admit that *push fit* couplers are later than my last involvement in plumbing. The obstacle may well be resting hard up against the waste pipe side and need prising clear before mating with the coupler.

I hope the OP will report back.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It's only the 8th, show a bit of patience.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Fascinating challenge - but beyond a certain point this could just be an indication that it would be easier to replace the pipe with plastic.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

After all its probably been down there for some years.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So it is, don't know how that happened, guess I'll have to wait till Wednesday if I can't get my Tardis to fire up.

Reply to
Rob Miller

US dates :)

Reply to
Andy Champ

Now it really is the 10th and still no news ;)

Reply to
Rob Miller

It's the 11th now. Perhaps he's stuck in the pipe?

Reply to
Andy Champ

I have to admit I'm looking forward to an update myself. Hope he's OK.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Can someone take him a cup of tea?

Reply to
Rob Miller
7 wrote, on 07th Oct. 2012 00:22 UTC + 2 :

Hello,

Did you see a picture of it ?

Pearl.fr has one for 30 euros (comparable price) but the last few centimetres seem rigid, so pay attention if your tube is angular.

They also have an autonomous model, of which the rigid part of the tube seems shorter, but it is much more expansive.

Reply to
Gloops