Bath water supply

I am replacing our bath. The current water supply comes from 15mm pipework but just above floorboard level it changes to 22mm to the taps - a run of approx 50cm - is there any advantage in this arrangement? The cold water is fed direct from the main supply and hot water comes from a combi boiler. Thanks Paul

Reply to
me

None whatsoever.

I luv my combi

(15mm all the way.)

Reply to
EricP

No advantage at all. Generally bath taps have 3/4" tails so you need to have a small amount of 22mm copper pipe there before dropping back down to

15mm if thats whats been installed in the house.

If your house is older in years then sometimes you`d get a mix of both - the hot being in 22mm (3/4") and the cold (mains fed) being in 15mm.

Once you`ve picked your new taps use the appropriate size of tap connector and reduce (if required) back down to 15mm, it`ll work fine.

Richard

fullflow plumbing

Thanks fot that :-)

Reply to
me

Thanks fot that :-)

Reply to
me

Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly is a combi boiler?.Was looking at something this week and one of the conditions were that it should not be used with a combi boiler.I dont know if my heating boiler is that or not.

Reply to
allan

I'd guess a shower?

"......... The major difference between a combi and any other type of boiler is that a combi eliminates the need to store hot water -- so no hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard. It is both a high-efficiency water heater and central heating boiler, combined (hence the name) within one compact unit which usually sits in the kitchen or utility room, or sometimes in the airing cupboard. The space savings result from the fact there is no hot water storage cylinder, cold water storage cistern or other familiar components of a regular (conventional) heating system.

The further benefits of this are a significant saving on hot water costs, and the fact that hot water is delivered through your taps or shower at mains pressure. So you can enjoy powerful showering* without the need for a pump. Another combi benefit is that it can generally save you money on installation time and costs -- no tanks in the roof space means less pipe work and a shorter installation time.........."

  • A thermostatically-controlled shower safeguards against sudden changes in water temperature.
Reply to
Alang

Thanks Alan. I do have a hot water tank so mine is not a combi.

Reply to
allan