Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

how can I find best publications for press release for builders?
I am releasing a new online software for builders regarding blueprints. Which journal or magazines do you read that you think would be best suited for me to advertise in? Many thanks? Press releases...
12 years ago 2

Window soundproofing
I'm constructing a room in the crawl space of my house, that will be used in part for a home theather, and I want to make it as soundproof as possible. This room will have one 5040 window. Home...
12 years ago 16

Real Architect 2008 compatible with AutoCAD LT2000 through LT2009
Real Architect 2008 Real Architect 2008 is a complete 2D architectural drafting program that works with AutoCAD LT as well as full AutoCAD. The retail price is $89.00, with upgrades from previous...
12 years ago

Bathroom design
Have you ever come accross a separate His and Hers main bathroom and what is your opinion on this concept? Great idea... We've had our own seperate bathrooms for years and I can't see sharing...
12 years ago 28

Miter Saw from harbor freight ?
Anyone here ever used this sliding miter saw from harbour freight ? Any good ? James We used one to install about 5000' of base board and crown molding. It has started to fall apart. The blade...
12 years ago 58

Laying a brick walkway
I've put down sand prior to laying the first red brick of a walkway to the front door. I've got 2-3 inches of sand simply because this brings the level up to the bottom of the steps to the...
12 years ago 4

Sealant --- BEST QUALITY
I have had my tiling completed a few weeks ago in our Wet Room as well as another shower Room. I have had problems with sealant either going off coulour or not providing suitable adhesion before. Our...
12 years ago

Toilet on a slab grade
I'm putting in an extension with a floating concrete slab and am wondering about plumbing a toilet and wondering about setting it right on the slab. The line will run out to a septic system and...
12 years ago 6

Construction Mangement in the Middle East
Has anyone here ever managed a construction project in the middle east? In the UAE who is the authority having jurisdiction over building? I heard that everything over there is lump sum and there is...
12 years ago

New Land Listing Site
Land Sellers & Real Estate Agents Land Incorporated - A New Land Listing Website Land - Farms - Ranches - Timberland - Homes with acreage - Mountain View & Waterfront Homes - Lots Property Description...
12 years ago

rubber flashing boot
Greets all, I'm looking for a place to buy a "pre-formed synthetic rubber flashing boot" to make a waterproof seal around a pressure-treated 4x4 on a deck. I've seen such things mentioned in...
12 years ago 14

Blueprint distribution and management software
Architect and Builder Document Management Offering architects, engineers, builders and subcontractors seamless document sharing. a.. Create projects and controls user access to projects b.. Architects...
12 years ago

Where find Jasco metal primer ?
Maybe try calling some real paint stores, especially ones that don't use a paint brand as their store name. On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:54:22 -0500, "James" wrote: I can't help you but it's...
12 years ago 18

How to reinforce concrete with glass fibers
Please tell me how to reinforce concrete with glass fibers. Should the glass fibers be saturated with resin before pouring the cement? Or is it just similar to chicken wire reinforced concrete wherein...
12 years ago 16

I removed the wall paper and left scars
I did it in the bath . I started with hot water and vinegar 1to1.. let set 10 15 min. I then scared the paper with a roller thing and spayed on DIF from Lowes.. It did better but left some scars. What...
12 years ago 2