Shed construction- stud lengths & sheeting, oh my!

I enlarged the drawing and see you are right. From an engineering point of view, the edge nailing is what is critical anyway, so perhaps that is why they don't deal with field nailing in their guide.

If you do go with the belly band, you will want to flash the top of it with a z flashing if you want it to be a durable, weather resistant feature.

Reply to
marson