Septic Tank Riser Question

Evening Construction Experts!

It=92s the perfect late summer evening, and I am sitting out on my deck looking at my beautiful yard=85all except the for the septic tank riser that is sticking out 24 inches about the ground! It looks like a fricking missile silo!

We just got done with a house remodel where we added a few rooms and had to get the septic system / field enlarged. We had to move the field and it was a tad above the elevation of the tanks, so they did a L(ow) P(ressure) D(istrubution) system.

The septic tank riser is on the second tank that gets pumped out to the field, and in addition to what is some PVC plumbing inside of the riser running down into the tank, there is also a electrical box mounted on the side of the riser.

So I can=92t stand looking at the thing, and it=92s smack dab in the middle of my kids football field.

What are my options for reconfiguring (electrical? plumbing in the riser?) so I can put this stuff below / in the ground?

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Shaf

Well - first off if it has a pump, then I like to bring up the pipe to where you can reach it in order to replace the pump. I then bring the pipe across the center of the riser with a quick disconnect, as well as a small valve for sampling. I then bring the pipe back down along the other side of the riser (inside) so I can exit it below the frost line. It should be underground. All pipe exits should be sealed to be water tight. I use expanding foam. As far as the riser height goes, if it is 20 or 24 inch ribbed pvc, you can cut it an inch or so above grade, with a saber saw. If it is a tuff tite riser - they come in 12" and 6" high sections so you could remove a section or two. In Washington you have to have a license to do the work, but it sounds like the guy who did this work should come back and make it right. Maybe he didn't know where final grade would end up and the time of installation.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Olin

My pump up field has the pump inside the tank. I don't have anything rising above the ground butI do have a 30" round concrete cap at ground level over the tank.

Reply to
jamesgangnc