Pet-Friendly Flooring?

We have animals that spit up, etc. on our carpeting regularly; therefore, we are planning to replace the carpet throughout our house with a pet-friendly flooring. Our pets spit up, etc while we are at work so it is often several hours before the material can be wiped up. Seems like good-quality sheet vinyl with a wood-grain pattern would be our best option as ceramic tile or laminate flooring has seams. Seams would allow the pet spit-up, etc. to soak in the cracks. Any suggestions or ideas?

Reply to
dominoo1

Yeah. 1/4" steel sheets. Even better, get rid of the filthy things.

Reply to
Glenn

We went with the top of the line Bruce flooring. It's got a 30 year warrenty IIRC. After 10 years there is not a scratch on it. Just takes a damp mop when it looks a little dirty. Since the seams are glued, there is no leak through. If you have an area with a lot of corners or doors, you may want to consider having it installed. We DIYed it. My living room and hall has 4 doors and it took a very long day to lay the floor. One whole day to rip out the old carpet and another putting the trim and furniture back. This year we are going to do the diningroom and the den. Bob

-- Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times

The Other Funk

There's some guy who has a program on cable about learning to train and care for dogs who are unruly or nervous pukers and so on. Its always the human that needs to change first it seems. Maybe it would be wiser to spend the money on learning if your behavior is causing the barfing. Wrong food, wrong feeding time, wrong way to speak to the animal, who knows? It will be something just as it is in interpersonal relationships with other humans.

We have animals that spit up, etc. on our carpeting regularly;

Reply to
clintonG

It's true that there are two issues here. One is the floor. The other, and more important id the dog. However, I am not an expert on the medical issues and could only responed to the floor, but the pet issue must be addressed first. Bob

-- Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times

The Other Funk

Keep the carpet...go shark fishing and use the pets for bait...enjoy the fresh air. Muff

Reply to
Muff

Define "pets".

I grew up with a dog in the house and the only flooring that survived was tile and carpet. Claw marks on everything else. I now have cats who are fine on any flooring except carpet. I vote for tile, once you seal the grout the barf will clean up.

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

Engineered wood! Three dogs, four years with the wood, not a mark.... LT

Reply to
LT

snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net wrote in news:1152393185.962293.229150 @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Consider putting a feed bag on them like they do horses. Let 'em carry it around and smell it all day.

JK. Got critters me self.

Reply to
Al Bundy

responding to

pfha wrote: People are so insensitive to pet owners. They just don't understand!! Fortunately, not everyone is the same. I love animals and I am also a pet rescuer. I have a construction company that helps pet owners. You can place ceramic tiles just not with spaces. Vinyl is ok but is not so aesthtically pleasing. All of the people that posted nasty comments, please keep to yourself if you have nothing nice to say. Just ignore these people, they are just miserable.

Please check out:

snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net wrote:

Reply to
pfha