Ledger to footing

I am building a deck which will attach to the basement footing with a ledger. The house is concrete with a grout/stucco covering going down the footing. I will be using a 2x8 pressure treated ledger board and bolting it to the footing. I have a buddy with a roto hammer coming over to help.

1) What anchors and glue stuff is available at home depot to hold the ledger. 2) Do I really need to put flashing on top of the ledger? Why?

Thanks to yall

Dawg

Reply to
Deputy Dumbya Dawg

Expanding wedge bolts, lag bolts and lead shields, threaded rod and epoxy adhesive, etc. That's assuming that your house is concrete and not concrete block. Concrete block requires either different fasteners or accurate location of the block joints. Make sure you get fasteners that are rated for ACQ treated lumber.

In your case, probably not. Usually the flashing is meant to keep water away from the wood framing - you don't have that problem. It's still a good idea to keep water from getting behind the ledger. Some people use spacers to keep the ledger away from the building. In your case I'd probably just use some construction adhesive in addition to the bolts, and caulk the top wood/concrete join with polyurethane caulking.

RicodJour