Floating a 3/4" Solid Hardwood Floor Over Above Grade Concrete?

replying to resrfglc, Bobby wrote: I had a floating floor twice. It floated after a heating pipe leaked. It dried out ok. Floated again after a sewer drain backed up and spilled over. I ripped the wood out after that mess.
replying to lefebvre, Kollman wrote: Hello, I know this tread is from some time ago, just curious if u ever floated ur hardwood floors and if so how did they hold up?
message

We've got floating (over foam layer) floors in a a few rooms in the house. Its ok, but I don't like the feel. The rest of the house has a paint on vapor barrier. They stuff I did myself is great, and feels good to walk on. The areas I hired a licensed flooring contractor to do have squeaky boards everywhere. They also used my bandsaw to trim boards and corners and broke half a dozen blades. Priddy shiddy. Several things they didn't even know how to do. I had to tell them. If I ever redo the floor in the house it will all be glued down over paint on vapor barrier and no f^&king flooring contractor is going to touch it.
On Wed, 08 Mar 2017 16:14:02 GMT, Kollman

ya dude, lyke in da last fluud dem boards started floaten real gud, dun near made it down de mississippi to naw orleans, but a gator swam out and chomped off my left leg, durn near dyed, best to anchor dem suckers.