Basement Carpet

Any kind of special padding I need under california berber carpet on a basement concrete floor? The carpet has a like rough shiny white backing that is stiff. The padding I have is a roll left from when they installed the california berber on our first floor, padding sticker says Mohawk P61 ½ 30 SY 12 0600. It looks like a bunch of different colors bound together. The basement floor is dry, I did the taping plastic down for

2 days and it was fine under it, no moisture. Is it better to stay away from carpet in a basement or is it ok to use? Thanks
Reply to
help