aggregate floor inside house

Our city was recently devastated by floods. We were very fortunate in that only our finished basement had water damage. We?re in the process of removing carpeting and assessing if there is damage to the walls and insulation. After removing carpet in a large family room, we discovered aggregate concrete beneath. The hallway and three bedrooms are simply concrete. This aggregate flooring has cedar dividers and it was obviously poured to be used as the interior flooring. Would it look appropriate to keep this flooring uncovered and use a sealant on top? Our biggest problem is that there is a large white patch that appears to have been used over a crack in the floor. Maybe they had water seepage. Would this flooring be acceptable for the interior of the home and can this white patch be corrected to match the floor?

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.building.construction - 13796 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
TeacherLora

jloomis

I would bet the white stain is a latex filler used to level the slab. Probably a low spot in the floor.

Reply to
Bill

TeacherLora had written this in response to

: Thank you for responding. We did chip at the white product placed on the floor next to a redwood exposed form and it chipped away. You were right in that it was used to level the floor because the wood form was a bit higher than the aggregate. I think we can sand the forms to be more level with the flooring. We have a balcony which overlooks the lower level and the forms were placed in a pattern so that the floor was meant to be used as is. If we decide to clean the floor and apply a sealer, I do realize it will not make a comfortable family room, but I had hoped a large decorative rug would soften the area, which is just over 1000 square feet. We have small holes around the perimeter where the carpet tacking was installed. Is there a filler you would recommend - or can it even be done?

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.building.construction - 13801 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
TeacherLora

and scroll down to CONCRETE REPAIR..see the stuff in the tubes..

Reply to
Rudy