Trying peroxide to bleach wood marks on cotton

Hello everyone,

I hung up some white cotton T shirts to dry on a wooden drying rack, and they got yellowish marks on them where they were touching the wood. Rats!

I'm trying to bleach the marks out with hydrogen peroxide. I'm using the 3% stuff they sell for disinfecting cuts etc. I just wetted a shirt with hydrogen peroxide straight from the bottle. It looks like it's working, but will it weaken or damage the cloth or something?

I guess I'll be more careful with the drying rack next time. ;(

Have a great day! L.O.

Reply to
Western Larch

I don't know if peroxide will ruin fabric but I DO know a Great stain remover that works the best I've ever used on whites. It's "Mary Ellen's Stain Remover for Set-In Stains-for whites" there is also one for colors but I have not had an occasion to use it. This one will get stains out in minutes!! I've only found it at Jo-Anne's Fabrics

Sijka

Reply to
sijka

Peroxide is a slow reacting dye that shouldn't damage the fibres.

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean