spots on velvet?? help please

Hello----

I have a black rayon velvet dress that has spots that look different from the rest of the fabric when turned in most directions.

It looks like the pile is down more in these areas, although not exactly flat. Does anyone know any way (besides professional dry cleaning) for me to work on this?

Thanks---

Donna

Reply to
Donna in Texas

I know exactly what you mean dear I had the same with my lounge carpet. Perhaps a light steaming and a soft brush in the direction of the pile would make it all lie flat and look the same.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk