Carpet Purchase ...need input

We are planning on recarpeting our home in the SF Bay Area, CA..... with mid to upper quality carpeting. We have 2 children 14 and 11. No dogs, no cats.

We are not at all handy, so we will get the carpet installed.

Generally speaking

  1. There are quite a few different types of materials used in carpets...nylon etc. Which offers the best value for money ...if one is thinking of having it for say 10 years or so.

  1. Which company offers best value...Home Depot, Lowe's or a small mom and pop store. When we checked we found the large stores like Home Depot were less expensive.

  2. What is easy to clean, remove stains ?

  1. In terms of colors .. for resale of home.. ...any suggestions ?

Any input / suggestions on buying /installing carpeting / padding etc ?

Thanks Susan

Reply to
susanjohnson10x