carpet cleaning disaster

A few days ago I rent a Rug Doctor to clean my cream colored Berber carpet. I previously had no problem with my Bissell home machine. Now I have splotches of dark yellow stains on some areas. My gut feeling is that it may be discoloration from subjacent plywood. Is there anything I can do to get rid of these stains? Thanks, Bonnie

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

Hi Bonnie,

The Rug Doctor needs to be able to suck up the water from the surface of the carpet and the tufting on the berber probably stopped this happenning. Consequently the water probably seeped through the carpet and brought up any dirt from underneath. Depending on the type of underlay used the staining could be from that, however if it's rubberised it's unlikely to come from the boarding below.

I suggest that you use the hand tool of the Rug Doctor firstly dry while tapping the carpet with a brush. The aim is to remove any particles stuck in the fibres from wicking from underneath. See how that goes and repeat if necessary. Next you need to do it with some water, but before you do try to place plastic underneath the carpet to stop the same thing happenning again. Leave it to dry before you remove the plastic.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
DrClean