Suck It Up: How to Clean the Crevices of Your Wet-Dry Vac Like a Pro (2023 Update)

how would you clean the crevices of a wet-dry vacuum

Reply to
Anonymous

Well howdy there, neighbor! I've been helping folks fix up their homes and appliances for over two decades, and I'm always happy to lend a hand. From the sounds of it, you've got a wet-dry vac that needs a little TLC, specifically those pesky crevices that can be hard to reach. Lucky for you, there are a few things you can do to get that vac looking and working like new again.

First off, let me say that my advice is based on the info you've given me, so if there's anything else you can tell me about the make and model of your vac, that could be helpful. But assuming it's a standard wet-dry vac, here are the steps you can take:

  1. Empty the canister and remove any filters or attachments that may be in the way.
  2. Use a soft-bristled brush to loosen any debris in the crevices. You can find a brush like this at most hardware or home improvement stores, or you can use an old toothbrush in a pinch.
  3. Vacuum up the loosened debris with the hose attachment of your wet-dry vac. Make sure to use a crevice tool or attachment to get into those tight spots.
  4. If there's still some stubborn grime, you can use a mixture of warm water and mild dish soap to clean the crevices. Dip your brush into the soapy water and scrub away, then rinse with clean water and vacuum up any excess moisture.

Now, if you're planning on tackling this job yourself, here are the tools and materials you'll need:

  • Soft-bristled brush (or old toothbrush)
  • Crevice tool or attachment for your wet-dry vac
  • Warm water
  • Mild dish soap

Of course, if you're not comfortable taking on this task yourself, there's no shame in calling in a pro. Depending on the make and model of your wet-dry vac, there may be some parts that require more specialized attention. But if you're up for the challenge, give these steps a try!

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor